Saturday, January 9, 2021

03 CREATING MEDIA

The first part of today's session is planning how to take forwards my hip hop music video under lockdown at home. I came to these decisions:

  • I will approach family members to act as cameraman and discuss suitable filming times outdoors, indoors, in the garden. When possible i might ask my family (eg my sister) to stop whilst we go on our walk at my local playground where i can get some shots for my music video.
  • Montage sequences: I start today by making a practice photo in Powerpoint using 'remove background', featuring yourself as performer against a suitable backdrop (below). I have completed one where i am pictured in the new york streets
  • A series of such images could be cut to the beat. Therefore, is the montage sequence likely to go with a 'quiet' (slow) bit of my lyrics or a 'busy' (fast) bit? That decision will affect what I shoot.
  • I had already planned to bring a still image to life, with his over-the-shoulder shot of the singer looking at the superhero comic, then seeing the image, then making it spring alive.
  • I will re-imagine my music video so that I am able to do it in the lockdown conditions. E.g. new storyboard and selection of camera angles/movements.










1 comment:

  1. Excellent work. These are fabulous images, Ollie, that could work really powerfully as part of your montage sequence. In the first one, you could aim to place the figure between the buildings so that the eye sees it more clearly in outline.
    I love the flying figure, with the rope, which exactly illustrates what I mean in the previous point - the figure is clearly delineated.
    The crouching figure could be more brightly lit - it is a great idea, on the roof of an iconic taxi, but hard to see. Same for the final image - the human figure is too dark.

    ReplyDelete